Labor day weekend can be summed up in a few words...food, family, and nice weather. The 3 day weekend actually seemed long this time, which is nice. We had time to get things done around the house and have fun too! On Friday night we made our first trip to the Orange International Street Fair, which is held every Labor Day weekend and is always a great time. There are always tons of people, great bands and lots of yummy food. I found a new favorite dessert in Greek Street called Loukoumades. They are a Greek donut-like dessert with lots of honey and sugar - delicious!
http://orangestreetfair.org/index.php
We went with our friends Jason & Lisa and had a great time with them as usual.....:)
On Saturday we went back to the street fair with my Auntie Janice and had just as much fun. We went during the day and it was a lot less crowded, so there were no lines to wait for food - now we know when to go next year...Here is a picture of me and my aunt in line for Gyros...the best!
On Sunday we stared the day by driving up to the LA area to get together for lunch with Stephanie and see Casselle. We ended up having a huge run in with a wasp (I was stung 3 times and Casselle was stung 2 times) - lunch was still fun and good though:)
On Saturday we went back to the street fair with my Auntie Janice and had just as much fun. We went during the day and it was a lot less crowded, so there were no lines to wait for food - now we know when to go next year...Here is a picture of me and my aunt in line for Gyros...the best!
After lunch we headed over to my Uncle Les's house which was only about 10 minutes from where Stephanie lives. He was throwing a BBQ and we got together with family we had not seen in a long time, with some family in from out of town. His backyard was just recently finished and it turned out beautiful. We all had a great time! Here are a couple pictures of Adam and my brother and my sister and I. I wish I would have taken more pictures. All the kids had a great time in the pool and the food was great..The ice cream sundae bar was a hit at the end too, except that the caterers mixed up horseradish for whip cream and Adam ended up putting horseradish on his ice cream sundae!


On Monday, we finished the weekend off with a nice small BBQ at Uncle Todd & Aunt Tina's house - what a perfect way to end the weekend...
Back to work tomorrow....I can't believe we are getting into fall soon...I better start thinking about getting the fall decorations out soon:)
On Monday, we finished the weekend off with a nice small BBQ at Uncle Todd & Aunt Tina's house - what a perfect way to end the weekend...
Back to work tomorrow....I can't believe we are getting into fall soon...I better start thinking about getting the fall decorations out soon:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment