This past weekend I decided to make a last minute trip to WI for girls weekend with my college roommates. Only Stephanie knew that I was coming and to the others it was a complete surprise! It was a tough decision to leave Paige for the weekend, but her and Adam did great and she had no clue I was gone:) (See other BLOG post)
I got into Madison Friday at 3:00 in the afternoon and Stephanie picked me up. I finally got to see her beautiful house that is decorated with all of the touches that are Stephanie. She really knows how to treat a house guest - thanks, Steph! We went out for Fish Fry at the Great Dane followed by a night of bowling. Can it get any more WI than that? It was perfect! I didn't take many pictures at all...:(
We had an early morning the next day to get up and pick up all of the girls on the way up to Marisa's house in Green Bay. (I am skipping a lot of details that include cupcakes, picking out clothes, etc) Our first stop was to pick up Jeni in Oshkosh. I was so excited to meet Jeni's little girl, Katelyn, for the first time:) When we got to the front door it was such a big surprise that we all started jumping up and down screaming and scared poor Katelyn.
We were then off to Neena to pick up Erin and along the same lines we surprised her and I got to meet her little girl, Raegan:)
We were then all 4 headed to Green Bay to meet Marisa. We were meeting at a salon to get our nails done (the first of our girls activities for the day). The other 3 girls went in to meet Marisa and then I walked in 2 minutes later just acting like a customer of the nail salon. It took a minute for Marisa to realize who I was, but she was surprised. So, we were now all together and could start our day long of chit chatting.
We headed to get lunch after our nails to a really great place with yummy food. We had so much to talk about and I could repeat over and over again how it felt like we were still living together in college and could honestly talk for hours. Our afternoon was filled with shopping and we literally shopped 'til we dropped. We then got to go back to Marisa's house, which is just beautiful, and I got to finally meet Evelyn and Larz!!
Here is a picture of Mark & Marisa in their home, which they were so generous to let us stay in, followed by a picture of baby Larz.
We hung out, finally decided to get ready, and headed out for a really nice dinner.
Here we all are ready for a night out...Jeni, Erin, Me, Marisa, & Steph
Most of us are not used to staying up that late, so we were exhausted (I guess some things do change since being in college:) Oh, and I forgot one other really exciting thing - I got to see Lambeau Field and stand right outside of it. I think it is so funny that Marisa drives right by it everyday running her errands - crazy!
The weekend was perfect, too short, and fantastic. I am so glad I decided to go and I just can't believe how much I love those girls. I am just so proud and honored to be each of their friends. We have all grown up to have such wonderful lives and I am so excited that we get to stay in touch. Can't wait until I see them all again!

1 comments:
It was such a GREAT weekend Kim. Thanks for making it extra special. I still can't believe you surprised us all!!!! I love that is feels just like old times. THANKS again for coming...now I need to get out to CA to meet Paige, or for sure when you visit WI this summer!
Post a Comment