Paige was in Puppy Paradise for her party this year!
She was so excited for her party and helped so much in the preparations for it. She kept saying that all of the guests on her lists were invited:) The morning of the party (at around 8:30am:), she said "I think I hear the first guest arriving" She was soooo excited!
Here are some pictures from the party. We had a lot of fun with the theme, and at some point, probably got a little carried away, but it was just too fun! :)
We set up little stations for the party for the kids to play at (many of the kids weren't quite old enough to do structured activities yet (pin the tail on the dog and such), so I thought it would be more fun to just play at their own pace.
1. The dog house station.
We had so much fun making this dog house. Adam and Paige made the dog house out of a cardboard box and us girls painted and decorated it. I think the kids liked this best. There was always at least one kid in there at all times and usually 2-3:) We through about 20 or so dog stuffed animals that Paige has out there along with bowls, play bones, etc.
Paige and I painting the house together before the party:)
The girls by the house
Paige & Travis inside:)
2. Puppy Project Table
We had paw print stampers, dog stickers, and materials out for all the kids to make puppy puppets.
They really seemed to enjoy this.
I love this picture of Cadee with her puppy puppet. Each one turned out so different!:)
Station 3: Puppy Play-Doh
Paige has a bunch of puppy play doh sets, molds, and cut outs so we set this all out and let the kids at it...Oh, and I guess my dad too:)
Station 4: Puppy Basketball
Well, really just the basketball hoop that is always in the yard, but Adam had a clever idea to print off this airbud picture to stick on the backboard - LOVE it!:)
We also set out a bucket of chalk near here that the kids played with a bit too.
Station 5: Sand Table
This was just our sand table, but we went and got a bunch of little plastic dogs that we buried in the sand and the kids liked digging and trying to find them:)
Station 6: Bubbles!!
Besides the dog house, this was the other big winner! For Paige's birthday we bought her one of those bubble machines that puts out like 5,000 bubbles in a minute. The kids loved this and we had a bunch of other bubble things set out to play with too:)
DECORATIONS
When the guests arrived they were greeted by a trail of pawprints up to the front door:)
I also embellished a wreath we had to go with the puppy theme for the door.
The "It's A Pawty" Banner was there right when they walked in the door, so that they would know what type of cornyness they were in for at this party;)
FOOD
Get it??....Dig In! (I thought is was clever:)
Menu:
Snacks & Appetizers: Pupcorn, Sticks (Pretzel Sticks), Cheese Balls, Corn dogs, & Scooby Snacks
Hot Dogs (Of course!)
Fruit Kibble (Fruit Salad)
Fresh Cut Grass (Cole Slaw)
Veggie Bits (Cut Veggies & Dip)
Mac N Cheese Dog Casserole
Dessert:
Pupcakes
Dog Food Bowls (Angel Food Cake with Coco Puffs inside ) - genius!
Birthday Bark (Get it? - bark!)
Puppy Cake
I made this cake!! :)
I am so happy with how it turned out:) I know it is nothing gourmet or anything, but I just love how it matches the puppy on her plates and it was soooo easy to make!
Here is the birthday girl blowing out her candles. She LOVED her cake.
At the end of the day I asked her what her favorite thing about her party was and she said "the pupcakes" :)
It was definitely a kid approved menu!:)
PUPPY ADOPTION
When it was time for all the kids to leave, they all got to adopt a puppy.
(I had such luck because Paige's school had a fundraiser for these pound puppies about a month before the party, so I was able to get these for a very low price and the money went towards her school!)
Every puppy got a bag of treats (Scooby Snacks) to take home with them with a little note that said:
"It was a treat having you at my pawty"
They also got a stick (chocolate covered pretzel) to take home to chase after:)
The kids LOVED the puppies (more than I though they would.)
Everyone I have talked to after the party has said that the kids have not put their puppy down:)
So glad that these puppies found good homes;)
Paige had such a great time with all her friends and family!!
Little Audrey is walking now (!!!) and Paige loved showing her all around and being with her:)
Everyone spoiled Paige with too many gifts.
Grammy & Grumpy even bought her her own big girl bike!
Here is Grumpy showing her how to ride.
(I took her out the following Tuesday and she totally had this done now.
We have been on so many bike rides since:)
Paige knew exactly what to do with the basket and stuck her puppies right in there!:)
Isaiah - you will be riding in no time! :)
We had such a fun time getting ready for this party and celebrating with you, Paige!
I know you enjoyed yourself....what a Pawty!?!?!
Happy 3rd Birthday to my little, puppy loving, sweetheart!!
Even Molly was exhausted after such a fun day! :)






0 comments:
Post a Comment