This past Saturday we celebrated my mom's 50th Birthday with over 120 of her closest family and friends in a really cool barn in Simi. She got to be a rock star for the evening and play the drums with the "Merlettes" She was amazing and I think everyone had a fantastic time. I didn't get too many good pictures because I was a little busy, but hopefully other people were able to get a lot of good pictures.
Here is the best shot I have of my mom playing with the band. Drummers are always so hard to see!
The entire party theme was rock and roll and zebra print. With only 2 hours to set the place up I think we did an awesome job!:)
Here is my dad standing next to one of the two columns he made (yes, made!) to go on either side of the band.
John and Sue with their Karaoke equipment. They were just incredible that day! Very talented and wonderful people.
The highlights of the evening for me were, of course, hearing my mom play, watching my mom and all of her friends from high school sing Karaoke together, listening to the song that Sue and John wrote for my mom (the lyrics are amazing), Kyle and Cadee singing Happy Birthday to my mom, and watching everyone walk down the trail as they arrived to the barn. I also was just amazed and emotional with how much everyone helped with all of the set up and tear down for he party. I am just so grateful at how many wonderful people my mom has in her life.
No one can believe that I have a mom who is only 50 years old - everyone thinks we are sisters!
Here are Adam and little Paige outside of the barn.
Paige was of course dressed for the theme. Her shirt had a drum set on it that said "Make Some Noise" and her little skirt was made from Grammy by the same fabric we used on the tables:)
She loved the music!!
I keep thinking of other favorite moments of the night, but one other one that I have to mention is when the lady at the venue closed the barn doors at the end of the night and my mom just starting crying. I can't even think of it without getting teary eyed. My mom was sad that her party was over:(
.....and here is the birthday girl, herself standing outside of her "concert hall".
She was a rock star for a night, but in my eyes she has always been a rock star!


1 comments:
You, Adam and Paige have been one busy family!!! I love the udpates and can't believe how much more "grown up" Paige is looking. How fun to go apple picking and the party for your mom looked amazing!!! You look great by the way!
Post a Comment