»

Enjoy our little adventure....

Thanks for checking in on us. Leave us a comment at anytime to let us know that you have been here for a visit.
We hope you find this to be a great way to keep up with everything that we are up to.

Take Care!

Adam, Kim & Paige

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Singing Machine

These days Paige loves singing anything and everything....

A lot of the times she just makes up words to tunes she knows. Her favorite subject to sing about is her family. When she is falling asleep we often hear her singing "Mommy, Daddy, Madison, Molly" and some other versions of this.

She does know quite a few songs now and will just start singing them at random..Some of her favorite songs to sing are  "Rock a Bye Baby", Alice the Camel, Jack & Jill, Twinkle Twinkle Little Start, & Ring Around the Rosies to name a few.

Some other funny songs that she knows are "Do, a Dear" from Sound of Music (Grammy likes to sing this one to her) and she know a lot of patriotic songs, since Adam sings these a lot to her before bed. (I think Adam didn't know what to sing to her and these were the songs he knew, so we have a very patriotic little girl) She sings "Home on the Range",Yankee Doodle, and the Star Spangled Banner.

The other day we were listening to the radio and Paradise City came on from Guns & Roses and by the 3rd or so chorus she starting singing "and the girls are pretty":)

Here is Paige playing Patty Cake with some of her animals in her crib. Check out Paige's bedhead too...I am not sure how far I can let her hair go before I finally give in and give her a haircut:)



We also got her to say one of her favorite nursery rhymes - "Jack and Jill" on camera. I almost did not post this one since I am in the video and do not love being on video, however this video shows quite a few things that Paige does a lot of these days. 
As you will notice she has her blanket. This is her favorite blanket ever and she would love to carry it with her everywhere if we let her. She runs around the house much of the time pretending to be a bat and her blanket are her bat wings. Hence, the eek eek noises she is making at the beginning of the video. Paige can tell you more than you want to know about bats. She knows where they live, what they eat, and can even tell you that bat poop is called guano:) I am so proud to have a daughter who thinks she is a bat so much of the time. I hope this doesn't mean that we are going to have a goth style teenager though:) 
The other thing she says in this video is "No Just Byself". Yes - we are dealing with a very independent almost two year old and we enjoy "almost" every moment of it!:)

1 comments:

Jennifer Hock said...

So cute! I totally know what you are talking about! We get "Katelyn do it" all the time. Very independent!