We decided to go to Oak Glen this year for the first time to try out the apple picking. This sure was an experience and we sure had a lot to learn being first timers there.
This small town (out in the middle of nowhere) had so many people there on the weekend. I don't think the town is really made for all the crowds.
There are a bunch of farms/orchards along one street with apple picking, cider making, and a bunch of other fruits/vegetables that you can pick. There were great places for picnics too. We only made it to Rileys, Parrish Ranch and Sno-Line orchards this year. Next time we go we will try the other ones.
As soon as we got home I made some of the apples into applesauce for Paige and she got a little taste test - yum! She will have to wait another few weeks for more, but we are definitely stocking up and ready:)
We got to meet "Yodeling Merle" - a local celebrity who has the same name as Paige's Grammy:)
Here are Paige and I in front of the sign advertising Yodeling Merle. The picture below this Paige was sitting up on her own until she took a nose dive:) She is sitting up pretty well on her own, but not perfect yet;)
Here we are waiting for one of local specialties..apple cinnamon mini doughnuts! We waited in a 45 minute line for these, so once we got up there Paige was like, "This is what we have been waiting for?!?"
All in all a good fall day:)
Paige wanted to help with this BLOG.....she is still learning to spell, but she has typing down:)
jcgr f nnc n c n rrzbn6bvbvvvfvfczzew.,gg vfh vv x
1 comments:
that's hilarious! I love the Paige typing! K is always trying to type too :) I can't wait for them to meet someday!
Post a Comment