This year all Adam wanted for his birthday was to stay home and spend the day with his girls. So, Paige, Molly, Madison, and I did just that:)
We let him sleep in a little, which these days is anything past 5:30am and had a nice breakfast followed by a family hike and a lot of just hanging out and playing (I tried my best to put my to-do list aside for the day:)
Later we had dinner and celebrated with birthday cake. Paige really liked singing the Happy Birthday song (or listening to it being sung anyway) and I have a feeling she is going to like eating cake on her first birthday. She was a bit disappointed that we wouldn't let her have in any. Adam had to fend her off. :)
Paige got to watch Daddy open his presents too and after that I decided that instead of toys we can just buy her wrapping supplies from now on for her to play with:)
"What, am I not supposed to be chewing on this or something?"
Another birthday that I got to spend with my wonderful husband and Paige got to celebrate the first of many of her Daddy's birthdays.
"My daddy is the greatest 'cause he's strong and brave and fun.
He makes me really proud of all the special things he's done.
He tells exciting stories and he takes good care of me...
With him, I feel as lucky as a little girl can be!
Happy Birthday, Daddy":)
This is what Paige's first birthday card to her dad said.
0 comments:
Post a Comment